1. Which account, created during installation, allows someone to manage the Windows 2000 NOS?
2. When installing Windows 2000 Professional on a new machine, what must you do to boot from the CD?
Nothing, it will automatically boot from the CD.
Select the correct install device option from the menu.
*Enter the CMOS setup and set the boot sequence to boot from the CD-ROM drive first.
Insert the Windows 2000 CD in the CD-ROM drive and press Enter.
3. In a Windows 2000 environment, which key combination is used to enable the Windows logon window?
4. When entered in the Run box, which command will launch the Windows 2000 CLI?
5. Which key combination, when executed in the Windows 2000 CLI, will display the command interpreter window in full screen mode?
6. Which Windows tool provides administrators with an easy way to view or navigate a file system?
7. What is the purpose of the user's full name in the New User account box?
*It is informational only.
It authenticates the username.
It allows the user to logon.
It matches the user to permissions.
8. In Windows 2000, which of the following is a required field when creating a new user account?
the full name
*the user name
9. Which Windows 2000 Administrative Tools submenu provides configuration options for storage, shared resources, hardware devices, and other key components?
Configure Your Server
Server Extensions Administrator
10. In Windows 2000, what is the best way to restore a deleted user account?
Select undelete from the popup menu.
Create a new account with the same user name.
Select undo from the Edit menu.
*Delete cannot be undone.
11. What is the proper way to shut down Windows?
Push the power off button.
Open a DOS window and enter the shut down command.
*Choose Shut Down from the Start menu.
Log off, then push the power off button.
12. The network administrator needs to setup a new user account. After clicking on Start --> Programs --> Administrative Tools, which menu option from Administrative Tools should be selected to complete the task?
Local Security Policy
13. All of the following groups can be created in Windows 2000 except:
domain local groups
*domain global groups
14. In the graphic, which type of permissions are being set?
15. What are the most basic user-related security tools available to an administrator?
16. Where does the address http://127.0.0.1 point?
to the closest web server
*to the local host
to the nearest DNS server
to the local intranet
17. In Windows 2000, what is the name of the HTTP web service located in the Administrative tools menu?
Default FTP site
*Default Web site
Default Web service
Default Internet Information Service
18. In the Windows 2000 NOS, which tools must be loaded to run FTP services?
*Internet Information Services
19. What must occur for a user to telnet to a Windows 2000 machine?
The Telnet client must be configured on the Windows 2000 machine.
*The user must have a valid user account on the Windows 2000 machine.
The Telnet service must be stopped on the Windows 2000 machine.
The user must physically be at the Windows 2000 machine.
20. Which Start Menu item would the administrator choose to configure Telnet services in Windows 2000?
Programs > Administrative Tools > Telnet Client
Programs> System tools > Administration > Telnet
*Programs > Administrative Tools > Telnet Server Administration
Programs > Accessories > System Administration > Telnet Server
21. In Windows 2000, which command terminates a Telnet session?
22. What is the default authentication method for Windows 2000 Telnet sessions?
security access method
23. What is meant by the "store-and-forward" nature of e-mail?
All messages are automatically stored on the server until the recipient forwards them to another user's account.
*The recipients do not need to be present when an e-mail is delivered to their account.
The recipients receive e-mail messages on the server and then must forward them to their personal e-mail accounts.
The recipients must be present to receive and store their messages.
24. What should a Windows 2000 administrator do to restrict Telnet access to specific users?
Start the Telnet service.
Change user permissions to include Telnet.
List user names in the file telnet.ini.
*Create a Telnet Client group.
25. Which component of Windows 2000 accommodates many types of scripting languages?